"The future is not some place we are going to,
but one we are creating.
The paths are not to be found but made,
and the activity of making them changes
both the maker and the destination".
DISTANCE LEARNING – PUBLICATIONS, WEB BASED SUPPORT:
- In addition to the ongoing programs such as Zonal Workshops and Training programmes conducted as per the Annual Planner .TNSJA has also conceived the following ideas to be implemented in future.
- To conduct Training Programmes jointly with other Training Institutions. Such as Police Academy, Forensic Academy and Dept. of Criminology, etc.
- To impart training with regard to advancement in Science and Technology
- To include the staff members of the High Court and Subordinate Courts in the Training Curriculum
- Automation and Digitalization of Library
- Decentralized training activities by carrying the training to Districts.
- To draw a curriculum of continuous education programme for judicial officers. Whereby each Officers will have to undergo training for a minimum period of 60 hours in a year.
- It is important to develop a strategy of 'distance learning' which will overcome the challenges of geography and inaccessibility, specifically the direct and opportunity costs associated with the centralised delivery of training based in city. This distance strategy should commence with the introduction of publications, practice manual for judges, focussing on court practice and procedures. To provide judges with practical assistance in performing their day today role as judges.
- We also plan to publish regular newsletter or digest on current important issues on law and practice, for example – extracts of the most useful papers from its new seminar programme for the lasting benefit of all judges, including those in distant regions who were unable to attend the programmes.